Things You Didn’t Know About Contapp’s Branding
To celebrate yesterday’s one year anniversary of Contapp launching as a tech startup, we have a special article for you.
We love a good brand and the world is full of them. The ones that stick in my mind are the ones that have a subliminal message in them which will make you take a second look once you realise. For example, Amazon’s logo has an arrow on their logo that shows they sell everything from A-Z, but it also represents a smile on the logo. Genius!
Here are some interesting facts behind Contapp’s branding and how we started as a bootstrapped tech startup. How many of these did you know before reading this article?
- Contapp is made up of 3 words that represent the Contapp app:
- Contact – Being able to contact people via their business card and saving them as contacts
- Tap – The action used to navigate through the app, but also how you can contactlessly share digital business cards
- App – Mobile app which is available to download and use for free in the Google Play & Apple App Stores
- The T in the Contapp logo is a person exchanging business cards. It’s also a key which represents unlocking new opportunities.
- Contapp’s first name was actually InfoTap before changing to Contapp when we started to design the branding.
- Contapp launched in the App Stores late February 2020, 2 weeks before COVID hit the UK. Our innovative team managed to turn a crisis into an opportunity.
- Contapp is a bootstrapped UK tech startup which has grown organically, with active users in all 4 corners of the world. No outside investment. No paid marketing. (still true since publishing this article)
- The Contapp blue and yellow took a long time to confirm that they were the correct shades. This colour combination represents Contapp as a business and as a brand: loyal, trustworthy, fun, optimistic, attentive, ambitious and dependable.
- Contapp is built on user feedback and we believe that our users deserve to voice their ideas for future developments of our platform.
- Adding value to our users and the environment are at the forefront of everything we do at Contapp.
- All social media, graphics, marketing, branding, content and blogs is done by the Founder of Contapp. We also have a team of developers… that makes up the Contapp team.
The Inspiration Behind Contapp
As our Founders background was a career in Marketing, he went to many exhibitions and events in his time.
Coming back to the office with irrelevant printed business cards that would be thrown in his drawer. They would either never be seen again or completely forgot where and what they spoke about when receiving that business card.
So he thought there must be a better way of managing business cards. After searching through the app stores, the quality of apps were hard to use and didn’t really tackle the problem that well.
Contapp was built for a better and more convenient way of digitally managing printed business cards, whilst tackling the global issue around paper waste.
Our exciting roadmap and innovative team are on course to transform Contapp into an all in one, personal business hub.
Click here to read an interesting and more detailed explanation of why Contapp started.
What’s Next for Contapp’s Roadmap
Part of Contapp’s exciting roadmap is to introduce affordable subscription plans and innovative features to our existing mobile app. The introduction of these new innovative features will take Contapp to the next level in becoming your personal business hub.
This will transform the Contapp mobile app into a SaaS subscription model, which will bring added value to our users around the world, for a small, competitive fee. Once the new premium plans and innovative features both launch, this will allow us to build a streamlined web CRM platform.
Contapp’s CRM will have powerful integrations from leading software businesses to become an affordable all-in-one SaaS platform.